Work the FOR78 Booth at Local Events
The Friends group has a traveling booth that is taken to events in the area. The 2018 schedule is:
- Earth Fair in Myrick Park from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 29, 2018.
- Driftless Convergence Silent Sports Expo, May 19 from 10:00 a.m. - 6 p.m. Omni Center. We will be working with the Refuge to bring information about the Refuge water trails to the attention of the public.
- Youth Outdoor Fest in Veteran's Freedom Park in July.
- Cameron Park Farmer's Market during the Summer 2018 season.
Our booth is generally geared toward youth, offering them opportunities to learn more about the wildlife on the Refuge. It's a really fun way to share your knowledge. We generally have furs, turtle shells, skulls, and ducks. If you don't think you know enough, don't worry, training is provided. Shifts are usually a couple hours.
Get Outside and Get your Hands Dirty!
- Help spruce up the gardens around the Visitor Center.
- Plant shrubs and remove invasive species from the Wagon Wheel trail between La Crescent and La Crosse. Some work will be done in May and some in the fall. See "Work Days" above for dates as they are scheduled.
No experience necessary!
Advertising, Newsletter, Website
If you have the skills to make brochures, rack cards, or newsletters, among other techie things, and would like to volunteer for a piece of the puzzle, please contact us.
- Would you like to help process memberships. You would have to use a computer.
- Are you a people person who would like to help recruit members for volunteer spots?