Join or Renew Your Membership!
Friends of the Refuge - Mississippi River Pools 7 & 8 is dedicated to building awareness, enjoyment and support of the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge - La Crosse District through outdoor experiences and education, public engagement, community involvement, and habitat enhancement.
FOR78 supports the Refuge in many ways. We
- provide funding and volunteers to enhance infrastructure at Refuge overlooks and on walking trails.
- sponsor outreach events and programs.
- partner with other Friends and conservation groups to accomplish joint goals.
- advocate on behalf of natural resources on the Mississippi River, and much more.
FOR78 depends on funds raised through membership fees, donations, grants and income from sales at the FOR78 Prairie Wind Nature Store located in the Refuge Visitor Center. Our annual membership fee is fully tax deductible and members receive a 10% discount at the FOR78 Prairie Wind Nature Store in the Refuge Visitor Center.
We have a special opportunity for you to purchase a personalized, engraved, 4" x 8" paver that will be installed under the kiosks at the Refuge Visitor Center. You may write up to 3 lines of text with a maximum of 13 spaces per line. This is a great way to remember someone, give a gift or show your support for the Refuge. Installation is in April or October, depending on purchase date.
- $10 Annual Individual
- $20 Annual Couple/Family
- $100 Annual Supporter
- $100 Engraved Paver/1-Year Membership (For online renewals, we will call for message.)
- $100 Annual Corporate Sponsor
- $250 Annual Benefactor
- $500 Lifetime
How to Join
Renew or join online with our secure connection
Or, download a membership form and mail your membership fee. Please make your check out to FOR78 and mail to:
Friends of the Refuge - Mississippi River Pools 7 & 8
N5727 County Road Z
Onalaska, WI 54650